The technology team for a midwest school district was recently featured in a magazine about how technology affects the educational menu offered to today’s students. The fact that this particular school district has now deployed an entire set of laptops to all of the high school students in the district means that this district has taken a big step toward getting the students of this one community ready for a future career that is dependent upon technology.
From lightning cables to USP cables to surge protectors for computers, this technology team for one of the largest districts in the state plays an important role in both today’s classroom and tomorrow’s future. Deploying laptops to an entire school’s student population is a challenge, but it is also the first step toward getting rid of heavy classroom textbooks and space consuming computer laps. The lightning cables, the zipcord fiber optic cables, and the computer cases have to be correctly labeled and inventoried, and students need to be trained in the best ways for the use of those computers.
In a time when today’s teens are surrounded by technology 24 hours a day, it only makes sense that more and more schools are moving to classrooms that rely on an increasing amount of laptops, whiteboards, and internet access. Consider some of these facts and figures about the use of technology in today’s world:
- 395 iPhones are sold every minute on average.
- 101 million people in the U.S. currently use iPhones.
- 3 billion USB ports are shipped every year, making it the most commonly used type of peripheral connection technology to date.
- In its attempt to establish itself as the second biggest smartphone vendor in the world, Apple had released nine generations of the iPhones as of 2015.
- Standard, standard with Ethernet, high speed, and high speed with ethernet are the four different types of HDMI cables.
- Invented by Xerox, Digital and IntelR, the most common Ethernet cable used today is the 10 Mbps.
Whether you have students in a school district where everyone is provided a laptop or you are a parent who is getting ready to buy a personal computer for your own student, understanding the latest technology is key to making the bet decisions.