We often take for granted many of the world’s most innovate and important inventions. Some of these innovations that we rarely even think about may have been invented over the last few months and utilize some of the most advanced technology the world has ever seen, and some inventions have been around for decades that literally changed the world, and yet we don’t care.
Many of these inventions were not just for leisure activities or small conveniences; they were used to improve lives, save the planet, heal people, and change the world.
Here are a few medical inventions that we should all appreciate:
- CT Scan Calibration — Being able to use digital X-ray technology to identify problems going on inside the human body is a truly remarkable innovation. At one point we could not do this. At one point we could not even think up this sort of technology. It’s amazing how far we have come and CT scan calibration is now a part of every major medical practice. 3D scanning services changed certainly changed the world.
- Pacemaker — Another invention that would’ve sounded like fantastical science fiction a century ago, the pacemaker regulates the human heartbeat from inside the body. We literally have the technology to remotely keep our hearts beating. Pacemakers save lives everyday and the batteries can last up to 20 years and can be recharged through the skin thanks to even more technological advancements.
- Prosthetics — Prosthetic limbs have offered a new life to those unfortunate enough to either be born without limbs or those who lost their limbs in battle or other accidents. People who would otherwise be confined to wheelchairs and other defendant devices can now walk, run, and even compete in international competition. The prosthetic limbs of the future will be even more groundbreaking than what we see now.
- Thermometer — Digital thermometers are overtaking the traditional mercury thermometer, but the technology is amazing nonetheless. A mother’s tough to the forehead can only work so well. We needed a more scientific way of taking our temperature and the thermometer made this all possible.
- Hearing Aids — This device has been around for over 100 years, but it is still a revolutionary creation. It’s hard to imagine now, but at one point it was just not an option for those with hearing issues to ever hear again. Luckily this technology came about and is now used all over the world.