Getting the word out about your business, no matter what size it is, can be a challenge in this digital age.
The fact that flyers printed on reams of printing paper is not the only way to tell current and potential customers about an upcoming event of sale can be both a blessing and a curse. If you are a business that understands the power of social media and website marketing than you are fortunate. If, however, you are still struggling to find a way to make sure that the message that you distribute on reams of printing paper do not blow away in the wind, however, you may need help staying competitive.
Research indicates that the best marketing today is a combination of traditional signage, printing services, and online promotions. With a company that helps you create a brand that is recognizable, for instance, you can make sure that your printed documents, your permanent and temporary signs, and digital message are unified.
From trade show booths that rely on promotional items and oversized printing plans to digital campaigns that rely on frequent posts to connect with an audience, today’s marketing and advertising industries are a well orchestrated event.
Consider some of these facts and figures about successful marketing techniques and how this industry contributes to the nation’s economy:
- The overall rule of thumb for booth design graphics is that they should be 40% empty space. Contrary to what you may have thought, nearly half of a graphics space should be totally blank to allow the viewer some breathing room to process the information that you do want to highlight.
- 35% of customers find out about local businesses from seeing its sign while passing, so it continues to be important to have an attractive and well designed sign at the location of any brick and mortar space.
- 50% of all the customers who enter a business indicate that they did so because of signage.
- Interestingly enough, people indicate that they are generally more engaged with printed material over digital, which is often skimmed in just 15 seconds.
- 99% of marketers indicate that they found unique value from trade show exhibits that they did not get from other marketing mediums.
- The value of on-site signage is equal to 24 full-page newspaper ads every year.
It will always be important to get the work out about your business. Today’s digital resources, however, mean that it is important for companies to find a successful combination of print and digital approaches. Printing paper is still effective, but it needs to combined with a digital approach as well.