it is not the kind of advice that any professional human resources consultants might give, but your oldest daughter made a very wise decision when it came to finding a new job. The first job she had right out of college was not anything that she really loved, but it was a way to help her make her first student loan payments and start putting some money into savings. Once she had her feet on the ground, however, she was determined to begin her real career.
Understanding from her friends that the hardest part of their first jobs was the loneliness of being in a new community, she decided to do something a little different. Instead of finding a job first, your daughter moved to a location where she had several friends already living. She was willing to work as a live in nanny for a few months while she found the kind of job that she wanted. Once she had a list of local references, though, she was able to find a job of her choice. It was an interesting, but successful, decision.
The process of matching up the best employees with the right jobs can be difficult unless your company makes the decision to work with human resources consultants or a job placement agency. The process of finding the right pool of candidates and then making sure that those candidates are properly screened can be both time consuming and costly. Making the decision to contract with a talent acquisition management service, on the other hand, allows a professional team to vet through the candidates and give the employer the opportunity to select from a handful of very strong applicants.
Consider some of these statistics about today’s job market trends:
- Today’s worker is increasingly likely to jump ship and look for a better opportunity. For instance, 2.7 million workers voluntarily left their jobs at the end of June 2015. This percentage shows a 25% increase compared to just two years ago.
- Part of the reason that so many workers leave their current jobs is the poor management style of their supervisors. Unfortunately, only 20% of workers believe their manager is doing a good job of encouraging them to do their best work, according to a Gallup poll.
- Human resources consultants not only provide hiring services, they also offer other programs to help retain the best employees. For instance, 86% of companies with employee recognition programs note that they have seen an increase in worker happiness after these programs were implemented.
- In an even more alarming trend, Millennials have been called the Job Hopping Generation. In fact, with as many as 60% of Millennials workers indicating that they are open to a new job at any given time, this is the highest number of any other generation, according to a 2016 Gallup poll.
- In helping to find a way for companies to be more successful in finding and keeping the best employees, McKinsey?s research indicates that gender-diverse companies are 15% more likely to outperform their peers. Likewise, ethnically-diverse companies are 35% more likely to outperform their peers.